At CHS, the Government affairs team works every day to impact change and provide strategic insights that help our businesses and owners grow. With expertise, effectiveness and up-to-the-minute information, the team plays a vital role in helping establish CHS positions and educating key decision-makers.
- Makes a powerful impact on national and state issues relevant to CHS and our farmer-owners.
- Helps business units navigate the complex legislative environment to accomplish their goals.
- Provides a valuable source of the latest, relevant information and insights.
We represent our owners and stakeholders to the executive and legislative branches of the U.S. and state governments, to independent government agencies and to non-government organizations. We:
- Partner with businesses, trade associations and cooperatives to support CHS on state, regional and federal issues.
- Form coalitions and, with management support, influence legislation and regulations on behalf of CHS and its stakeholders.
- Support the CHS Board of Directors on federal policy, legislative, and regulatory matters.
Read legislative position statements adopted by CHS Board of Directors and membership as part of the most recently adopted resolutions.
Latest News From Government Affairs:
Minnesota trade mission to Cuba
CHS Leaders in Washington for ag issue discussions
Sign up for The Capitol Connection newsletter delivered quarterly to your inbox to stay on top of legislation, regulatory issues and other DC news affecting CHS, cooperatives, agriculture and energy. Get more frequent updates by following the CHS Government Affairs team on Twitter @CHSGovAffairs.