At CHS, we realize the decisions we make today will affect the health of our planet, the lives of our stakeholders and the success of our business tomorrow. That’s why environmental stewardship is always top of mind. By reducing emissions, recycling and using energy more efficiently, we can help minimize our impact on the environment.
Learn more about our commitment to protecting our environment.
Here are just some of the ways we’ve been doing it:
- The CHS Refinery at Laurel, Mont., recycled more than 6 million pounds of scrap metal.
- The McPherson, Kan., refinery reduced its reported sulfur dioxide emissions by 95 percent and volatile organic compounds emissions by 70 percent over the past decade. It will spend more than $40 million to build a water treatment plant to treat and reuse refinery and city wastewater.
- The CHS Lubricants plant at Inver Grove Heights, Minn., upgraded its tank farm to maintain storage safety and prevent spills. The plant and the Amarillo, Texas, facility passed EPA emergency response plan reviews.
- Cenex® Zip Trip convenience stores saved energy with more efficient lighting and new cooler and freezer compressors. CHS Lubricants plants updated lighting to improve the work environment and conserve energy.
- Electronic systems were updated by CHS Grain Marketing and Crop Nutrients to improve efficiency and reduce energy consumption.
- CHS Propane worked with the Propane Education & Research Council to promote new technologies using propane to reduce emissions.