Six honored for Cooperative Leadership Circle
2019 Cooperative Leadership Circle honorees were recognized at a special gathering at the CHS Annual Meeting. Pictured, from left, are Chris Gratton, Steve Dockter, CHS President and CEO Jay Debertin and Richard Lervik.
Six cooperative leaders joined the Cooperative Leadership Circle and were recognized for 25 years or more of service to the cooperative system at the 2019 CHS Annual Meeting, held in Minneapolis on Dec. 5-6.
“It’s an honor to recognize long-term leaders within the cooperative system and thank them for their service and commitment to meeting the needs of American farmers, ranchers and rural communities,” said Jay Debertin, president and CEO of CHS.
The 2019 Cooperative Leadership Circle honorees include the following individuals:
- Steve Dockter, CEO, Envision Cooperative, Rugby, N.D.
- Paul Evans, general manager, Paynesville Farmers Union Co-op Oil Co., Paynesville, Minn.
- Chris Gratton, general manager, CHS Garrison, Garrison, N.D.
- Anthony (Tony) Hemann, general manager, SilverEdge Cooperative, Edgewood, Iowa
- Richard Lervik, general manager, Farmers Union Oil Company, Willow City, N.D.
- John Mislivecek, general manager, Chaseburg Farmers Union Co-op, Chaseburg, Wis.
During a special gathering at the CHS Annual Meeting, Debertin presented commemorative watches to Dockter, Gratton and Lervik and recognized the three other Cooperative Leadership Circle inductees that were not present.
Since 1973, CHS has honored more than 1,200 cooperative general managers and CEOs for their long service. The Cooperative Leadership Circle recognizes individuals who have completed 25 or more years of cooperative service, including a minimum of 10 years as general manager or CEO.