The CHS New Leaders Forum is an event exclusively designed for next-generation cooperative owners to further develop leadership skills, learn about opportunities to serve and advocate on behalf of the cooperative system, and meet other young farmers and ranchers from across the country.
The 2018 New Leaders Forum will be held in Minneapolis, Minn., on Dec. 5 prior to the CHS Annual Meeting, Dec. 6 to 7. In this year’s program, participants will:
- Experience a dynamic, interactive workshop on the critical role of trust in leadership led by David Horsager, author of The Trust Edge.
- Meet and mingle with CHS Board members and senior leaders at a private welcome reception on Tuesday evening, Dec. 4.
- Hear from a panel of other young leaders who are serving on cooperative boards and from members of the CHS Board as they describe their board service journeys.
- Join discussion about agricultural and cooperative leadership and the role of diverse thinking and collaboration.
- Enjoy an invitation-only offsite reception on Wednesday evening, Dec. 5, with other new leaders and explore the Minnesota microbrew culture.
- Take part in the CHS Annual Meeting and learn more about CHS via interactive exhibits, dynamic breakout sessions and general sessions, while meeting other member-owners.
If you are interested in attending the 2018 New Leaders Forum or would like to nominate a next-generation farmer rancher, please contact your cooperative general manager.